Solar control window films serve to reduce ultraviolet light, heat, and glare and are useful for both home and commercial applications. These films also improve energy efficiency and can provide a new uniform look across all glass surfaces.
- Lower energy costs – Solar control films can help provide savings in the form of lowered energy costs by keeping heat out in the summer and reflecting heat back in during the winter effectively reducing the need for heating and cooling .These films can boost the performance of nearly any glazing system, significantly reducing energy consumption and peak demand. This film can save you up to 15% on annual energy costs by increasing HVAC efficiency and lowering carbon emissions. Energy costs typically account for 30% of total operating costs and are usually the largest single expense. Along with increasing HVAC efficiency window films often qualify for utility company rebates making them even more cost effective.
- Block heat and glare – Solar control films help to correct temperature imbalances by eliminating “hot spots” in the path of windows that receive a lot of sunlight
- Reduce fading- Solar control films will reduce fading of interior materials such as wood and carpet by blocking out 99.9% of damaging UVA and UVB rays. This can preserve the value of your furniture while also preventing unsightly discoloration
- Improve appearance– Window film helps to improve the appearance of a building by creating a more uniform look across all windows and partially obscuring objects inside. This can be a more cost effective solution than some alternative window treatments.
- Enhance privacy– Reflective window films can let in light and reflect it at the same time to provide a clear view out but keep prying eyes from looking in. Films are available with varying levels of reflectivity. Opaque films and decorative frosted films are also available to increase privacy.
Click here to view the solar control film stat sheet